Hi David

> Turns out, to my *great* surprise, that the suggestion by Mark S. is right. I
> installed firefox and it imported my test tid file correctly! Given chrome
> has over 60% of browser share, I tend to assume that if a mechanism does not
> work in chrome, as was the case with TW5 import on my system, that the
> breakage is due to the underlying mechanism rather than some interaction with
> my system.
>
> I realise this is a volunteer hobby project, and I get the sense that many of
> its developers use firefox, but it might be useful to ensure major features
> of TW work in chrome. Of course, in this case I'm not sure whether TW import
> is broken on all versions of chrome on all platforms, or just a subset of
> them (or maybe just mine!).
>
> Thanks, Mark S., for your help in troubleshooting.

Dragging and dropping your .tid file into TW works for me on macOS on Chrome,
Safari, Firefox and Opera. I really don't think that this can be a general
Chrome issue, there must be something else going on.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9089C195-3BCB-4818-A317-E859C5E500A8%40gmail.com.