Hello, I have been using Jed McCarty's code for clickable table column
headers to create sortable tables.

I recently put together a table to keep track of my various ebooks and from
whih vendor I purchased them. See code below.

\define SortableFilters()
[tag[EBook]has[vendor]$(SortType)$sort{!!sort_by}]
\end

\define ToggleDirection()
<$list filter='[<currentTiddler>sort_type[!]]'
emptyMessage="""<$action-setfield
sort_type='!'/>""">
    <$action-setfield sort_type=''/>
</$list>
\end

<$set name=SortType filter='[<currentTiddler>get[sort_type]]'>
  <th>
    <$button class='tc-btn-invisible' style='width:100%;height:100%'>
      Title
      <$action-setfield sort_by='title'/>
    <<ToggleDirection>>
    </$button>
  </th>
  <th>
    <$button class='tc-btn-invisible' style='width:100%;height:100%'>
      Author
      <$action-setfield sort_by='author'/>
    <<ToggleDirection>>
    </$button>
  </th>
  <th>
    <$button class='tc-btn-invisible' style='width:100%;height:100%'>
      Vendor
      <$action-setfield sort_by='vendor'/>
    <<ToggleDirection>>
    </$button>
  </th>
<$list filter=<<SortableFilters>>>
    //<$link to={{!!title}}><$view field="title"/></$link>//
    <$view field='author'/>
    <$view field='vendor'/>
</$list>
</$set>

I have noticed that, after sorting the table by a column, the secondary
sort is always by title. So if I sort the list by vendor, the books are
listed within that sort alphabetically. As this is a library index, it
would be more appropriate if I could have the secondary sort default to the
author field, rather than the tiddler titles.

Is there any way I might be able to change the behavior of the table, so
that it will sort by a specific field rather than the title, after I have
used the proper sort_by?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c3b2526e-d7c8-41cd-8d88-965abf30312b%40googlegroups.com.