For Bob I made two methods for testing if a tiddler has been updated to
prevent infinite update loops when syncing. One test each field of the
existing and new tiddler to determine if it should be updated and the other
normalises a tiddler then uses quick hashing function and compares the
hashes. I didn't think there was a general use for it in the core but if it
would be useful I can make a pull request with one or both. I think that
the hashing method is a better option, The benefit of the other one is that
you could have a list of fields to ignore when determining if a tiddler has
been updated.

And now that I typed that I realised that you could just pass that to the
normalisation function and it could do the same thing.

Anyway, if this would be useful let me know. It has been tested in Bob for
a few months now so I think all the big bugs have been caught.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b79874c2-758e-4dc3-88d0-f20cdc0a2187%40googlegroups.com.