Am 13.06.2019 um 09:52 schrieb Jeremy Ruston:
I suspect it’s not wildly useful beyond the system tiddlers

Some useful use-cases, maybe not wildly so...

If I call <<tree prefix:"2019" separator:"-">> I get a tree of my journal tiddlers; nice.

It might be wildly useful in *Biology*: I  want to inventorise my aquarium using latin nomenclature, where I have a fish named "Pisces Botiidae Cypriniformes Osteichthyes Botiidae Botiini Leptobotia curta"

I call the macro with : <<tree prefix:"Pisces" separator:" ">>

One might argue that a relational Access databse can achieve the same, but it could not, in the same file, deal with entries like "unknown red fish" "decorative white stone" Task: clean the glass"

On top: If I enter one fish, all higher levels of the systemic nomenclature are displayed in the tree

In *History*, one could display dynasties, or the "Order of Battle" of a historic army, using the comma as a separator

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d0c94798-2813-c6ee-562a-30bcca0fc574%40eclipso.ch.