Josiah,

very interesting. I did not know about Monad but a brief review suggests you
may be right.

Interestingly I was about to extend my last argument about how the tiddler is
the uniquely keyed object in the centre of tiddlywiki with the fact that this
rule is cast into stone, yet one can immediately code a solution to shield the
logic from this rule.

Tiddlywiki provides excellent rules then gives you the tools to bend them.

In recent decades we discovered the human brain was much more adaptable or
plastic than we imagined. I think tiddlywiki is a very plastic software
solution that works well with our plastic minds. Reminding me of one of my
first metaphors for tiddlywiki that it is like plasticine from which you can
build almost anything.

I would be happy if twx was named with inspiration from moldable plastic, clay
or a version there of. Dough, Lego or macarno also comes to mind but with Quine
Monad and self referential qualities it is hard to find a common analogy.

Tiddlywiki stands alone but connected to everything.

Universal software or like the invention of the general purpose computer, the
universal client the browser do we have general purpose software?

my imagination is sparked.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/da3afdfb-8203-48bc-bb49-4fc626a21ae9%40googlegroups.com.