You can drag and drop images into your TW (at least on Firefox ... don't
know about the others).

On Firefox, you can also use the built-in screen shot tool and copy the
text to the clipboard. Then go to your TW and paste. Import. Rename.

These methods are easy, but in the past they came with the caveat that
images will quickly bulk up your TW file and slow it down. TW 5.1.20 &
prerelease has indexing built in, allowing much larger files, though
performance is still going to depend on things like system RAM. You might
want to experiment with the prerelease and see how it works for you.
(https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/)

Another approach is to use node.js and lazy-loading, so image files only
have to be loaded when needed.

Good luck

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/47936507-bbcb-4c1f-bd63-491a4ec52879%40googlegroups.com.