I had looked at that but unfortunately it doesn't really help me. I still
have to edit the tiddler and then scroll down to the point in the article I
was at everytime I want to make a highlight.

Ideally I need to be able to just select/highlight the text directly as I
am reading.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e943466b-a13b-4d13-99dd-d7268918f6b9%40googlegroups.com.