Sorry I should have been more specific. I want to be able to highlight text
as I am reading and the add a color highlight with a single click/shortcut.
I use this to indicate which parts of the text I have extracted and turned
into Anki flashcards in case I re-read in the future. I am also open to any
alternative ways to mark text.

I have found having both edit mode and the preview to be pretty
inconvenient for reading as the text often doesn't match up very well.

I think I can get a very ugly version of what I want with AutoHotkey. Is
there a shortcut to edit the tiddler you are currently 'focused on'?

This wiki <https://nome.github.io/TiddlyPlugins/> seems to work with F2,
but I think that is a custom shortcut and I don't understand how to set
those up.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7ada713c-4989-425e-9b2e-b15c7740c507%40googlegroups.com.