Hi Eric,

In my - documented (by guides/plugins) - journey to learn TW5 I started
already in the alpha phase of TW5.
It's a very long time ago (January 2014) I made (in TW 5.06beta) the first
version of a 'Top + Left menu' (the 'Top menu' is a direct spinoff of that
'Top + Left menu').
It was a design decision to use a tagpill-based top menu (at that time it
was the easiest way to get a top menu).
The restriction is that the submenu entries are only links to tiddlers. In
most cases that is no problem; in your case it is. The only workaround I
see is creating tiddlers with an iframe to the site you want to display.
Something like:

<iframe src='http://www.xyz.com' frameborder="0" width="1024"; height="600"
></iframe>

But be aware: not all sites can be displayed in an iframe.

May be TonyM's menu plugin can be used better for your case.

Thanks for your help and for your excellent contributions to the TiddlyWiki
> ecosystem.

You're welcome.

Cheers,

Ton