Heya Mario,

[[How to create keyboard shortcuts]] says that some actions require to be
wrapped within a $navigator <https://tiddlywiki.com/#NavigatorWidget> widget.
That is necessary for the following list of widgets and messages in order
to work if used within global keyboard shortcuts, and tm-new-tiddler is in
the list.

It didn't do anything at all before I put the <$navigator>  in, which is
needed to capture the global shortcuts.

Aidan