Josiah

I understand your desire for simplification. I think a good design approach
would be if the backup process kept track of the time and date and filename of
the backup or allowed you to browse them then provided a UI for selective
recovery.

Actualy a smarter idea may be a special edition wiki designed to import as json
bundles, any wiki and one or more of its backups where you can sort filter
inspect review generations and differences and choose what you want to import.
Perhaps even letting you merge two or more tiddler versions to create the new
version you drop on your primary wiki.

You could call this a wiki tiddler generation management tool. Such an
abstracted tool could easily be used to build additional solutions such as
undertaking a historical view of a wikis changes, using it to study changes in
transactional data and a few more ideas in the back of my brain.

I see no reason we need to keep putting more into our wikis when good universal
tools can be held out side and achieve more. After all it is very easy to
transfer content between wikis and getting better all the time.

By the way leveraging local storage to retain something you may want to undo in
the current session and also allow you to export current session data as a kind
of overlay backup also has some merit.

Regards
Tony