Jeremy,

You mention *Indicate in the plugin library which plugins will require a
reload*

Is it not possible to determine which plugins would require this
automatically and allow it to be overridden either way with a flag on the
plugin?

There may be cases where a Plugin need not be reloaded but the publisher
wants to trigger a reload to achieve some goal like test the ability to
save, and recall. There could be others that only become active on next
load but need not force a reload at install time. An example may be a login
method.

I think it important to keep in mind there are an increasing number of
macro solutions out there that need never pe published as Plugins of the
traditional kind. What you are proposing here should make the plugin
mechanism more flexible encouraging such macro only solutions to also be
packaged as plugins (That can be dynamically loaded). Perhaps we need to
indicate in the plugins if they need reload or not before install.

Also the local browser storage can facilitate a reload on top of read only
sites (If installed) - not withstanding its other limitations.

Regards
Tony