Ciao Mark

I'm late on this. I got really interested in this kind of extraction, which
I think there is demand for.

Two issues I can't figure out ...

1 - does "<$vars realchars="[^\s]+">" need to be that? Rather than its
inverse "<$vars realchars="\S+">"? (Where you would not need the variable
as no need for

2 - WHEN you have text BETWEEN tags, is there a way to dump it?

Only if you have time and interest!

Best wishes
TT