I am using the latest 5.1.21 - just upgraded yesterday.
I does not take as long to read as yours in my browser, it is slow to
navigate, but as you are experiencing. - terrible to impossible to edit.

I can add, that last time I tried TW translators edition I had the same
feeling, I really had to give up only half way through - earlier version
and something else I know.

Birthe