On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 4:19:21 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Well, it could be a “how to” tiddler, but to be honest these tweaks don’t
> seem general enough; the other “how tos” cover universal, or near-universal
> needs, not something so specific.

I agree. For "how-tos" they're too specific.

The feature itself though, i.e a tree representations of sorts, is not
without merit. Would it make sense to make bullet lists - or, rather,
asterisk lists - parse differently? I.e so not require the surrounding div
in the variants I gave here? Perhaps something comparable to how WikiText
tables can have a simple indicating letter to apply special formatting for
Classes, Captions, Headers and Footers (ref Tables in WikiText
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Tables%20in%20WikiText>). Incidentally, a "how-to"
for a comparable list solution would fit perfectly in Lists in WikiText
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Lists%20in%20WikiText>.

BTW, in Lists in WikiText <http://tiddlywiki.com/#Lists%20in%20WikiText>,
there is a how-to on CSS Classes for individual list elements:

* List One
*.MyClass List Two
* List Three

Maybe we could have something similar to style the whole list?

*.tree
* List One
* List Two
* List Three

I'm not capable of making a PR for this, but I'll post it as a git issue
request, unless there is reason not to - ?

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/05717b53-1c8e-4775-9e4d-5dfaec5c0e08%40googlegroups.com.