Hi Stephan

Concerning your original question: Here is what I did in my plugin ToDoNow. It
depends on another plugin of mine called Listreveal.

In the readme I test for the presence of the other plugin and display a hint
accordingly:

!!! ~ToDoNow needs Listreveal
ToDoNow extends the power of another plugin called //listreveal// to produce
lists.

<$list
filter="[all[shadows]title[$:/plugins/telmiger/listreveal/readme]!has[text]]">
[[Get Listreveal from
tid.li/tw5/plugins.html|http://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#Get%20More%20Plugins]]
</$list>

<$list
filter="[all[shadows]title[$:/plugins/telmiger/listreveal/readme]has[text]]">
Read more about Listreveal: $:/plugins/telmiger/listreveal/readme
</$list>

Users should see either a hint to download the missing plugin or a link to the
other plugin’s readme.

Good luck!
Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/a1cfd650-c90f-42af-84c6-ae3b3fd96f07%40googlegroups.com.