On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:05:37 PM UTC+1, joearms wrote:

> As you say there are actually two tidders
> XXX and Draft of 'XXX' (and two files on disk)

Yes. ... Jeremy wanted to save the "Draft" state. So even nodejs server
version saves those changes immediately. .. This is ok for a local system,
but for an online
system it is sub-optimal. ... But the server was intended to be a
dev-server.

> So the Dustbin icon in edit mode
> which says 'Delete this tiddler'
> means delete TWO tiddlers (Draft of 'XXX' and 'XXX')

right

> And the X which says "Discard changes to this tiddler"
> means "delete the Draft tiddler" and Deletes ONE tiddler

right

> so "this" means two files (dustbin) or one file (cross) :-)

right. In the "file based" TiddlyWiki version it's not so obvious, that
there are actually 2 tiddlers, because there is only 1 HTML file. But if
every tiddler is one file, we can see it.

This error occured after I'd been editing a while and notice
> I have 'Draft of XXX' and 'XXX'in my recents and want to
> clean up.

Yes. That can happen at the beginning. .. The browser standard text editor
keeps track of some changes, so we can do CTRL-Z for undo and CTRL-SHIFT-Z
for redo. But we also want to "completely" undo changes, if we don't like
them. ...

> Funny thing is I no longer make this mistake -

:)

I guess after a few days use my brain internalises
> the correct commands so I don't make the mistakes
> I made a few days ago.

Yea, TW has a learning curve.

> So now I'm scratching my head and wondering why I was confused yesterday.

:)

> There is a very small gap between not understanding and understanding
> (can be a few hours or days) - once you understand something it
> becomes very difficult to get back into the mindset of the gap, and you
> need to be in this gap (mentally) when writing a tutorial - ie understand
> both how it works and why a beginner does not understand.

That's why feedback from newbie users is so important for us... developers.
We don't see the problems anymore.

> That's why I'm bothering your patience with my questions -

Google will index the replies which might help in the future.

NP. You are welcome :)

> So an old dog can learn new tricks

:)  ... For the nodejs server, there is one more file, which may come up in
the future. the .meta file.
eg:

 - If you create a new tiddler named: test
 - set the type to text/plain
 - It will save a file name: test.txt  and
 - a text.meta file

 - text.txt contains the text content only.
 - The meta file contains the tiddler meta info. Such as tags, title,
modified ... and so on.

Similar things happen for .jpg, .png, .md files.

Just to let you know ;)

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/58a0feb6-c632-4c48-a1aa-2ea6411fc01b%40googlegroups.com.