Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your reply. Indeed, I had figured out my wrong approach exactly
along the lines you sketch in your message.  I was about to write down an
addendum on "How to develop a plugin with Node and TW5 in your own repo"
for possible inclusion in the docs when I got your message.

Here is what I did, for future ref:

1. Blank slate: erased the local copy of the TW5, plugins folder, and son
on.

2. Installed tiddlywiki with my distribution's  package manager
 (pacman, as I am on Archlinux)

3. Created a local barebones tiddlywiki server edition with the usual
--init server command

4. Added a plugins/myplugin folder to the newly created, personal tiddlywiki

5. Created a plugin.info file and a skeletal myplugin.js plugin into that
folder

6. Added "plugins/myplugin" to the tiddlywiki.info file in the local
tiddlywiki root

7. Added Github repos for the plugin and external library

pretty much you suggested...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/CAJODLwar8jdj%2B8ktKmkkwTeDBNiLz0j4RSrRqcSKCmLdiHPQTg%40mail.gmail.com.