Mario,

I understand you cynicism about Google, but I understand this is a
multi-vendor standard, one that is wholly embraced by google and others. It
is only because the Google reference seem the most sophisticated that I
linked to it. Basically to be effective it depends on the Browser providers
and mobile OS's to honor the settings, so we need support from Microsoft
(Edge/IE), FireFox and Chrome to support this approach.

I have always felt that web technologies are a way to avoid the need to
code to proprietary standards or depend on a vendors app store. I hope this
may be one avenue to achieve this.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/b7916ad6-0db0-49d5-928f-c791fb19f759%40googlegroups.com.