On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 12:57:31 PM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

*Comments on INLINE markup.*

> At the moment I'm writing markup like this ...

>   ݦ `ݦ` Example single line for SA phrase groups. Won't fully work till
> custom-inline is finished. ([[TT Notes]])
>    °O `»¶ ... ⁋` Example mutli-line block for SA phrase groups.
>    °O Good morning. Welcome to another
>    ›ABsa
>    °O ... So, let's start ...
>   ⁋
>    °P.p-b-v
>    °O Observe how your body lays on the ground. What touches clearly. What
> doesn't.
>   ⁋
>
>    °A.p-b-v
>    °O Observe how your body lays on the ground etc ...
>    °O
>   ⁋
>  §«

Interesting, but without the actual configuration it's really hard for me
to see, what it should do. .. Can you export your setting and attach a
tiddlers.json, so I can see it?

> each ° inserts a <span> into a paragraph (»¶ ... ⁋). I'm doing it this
> way because at the moment to do it inline would make it (1) FAR LESS
> READABLE .... see below ...
> and I also want to insert (2) NON-SPAN inline elements easily like  ›ABsa and
> (3) sometimes NEST elements.
>
>   »¶ °°.p-b-v°°   °°.o-ktl°° Now, observe how your body lays on the
> ground, particularly °°.p-d.g-l°°   In this °°AB.sa°° movements are based
> on "°°REF.r-jen.v°°143-9".
>
> You mentioned before that the current inline parser need uses matched
> pairs.
> But *the pairs are identical *so inline NESTING becomes impossible.

That's right. I didn't do work on the inline settings yet. ... But it
should be possible to define the _endInline string similar to the existing
configs.

> I had a thought (horror!) :-) In block parser for Custom Markup you
> basically leverage off LINE SPACING
>

> I'm wondering IF the use of SPACE INLINE use could work give the leverage
> needed (regex °\S* ). IF so MY case above would become ...
>
>   »¶ °.p-b-v   °.o-ktl Now, observe how your body lays on the ground,
> particularly °.p-d.g-l   In this °AB.sa movements are based on
> "°REF.r-jen.v 143-9".

Interesting idea, but "spaces" are really hard to see ;) .. or to judge,
how many of them are actually used. ... It needs some experimenting with
the parser and the regexp's. ...

> ... Now you gonna say that would ONLY match words ... so for anything
> other than a word (string of chars that are not spaces) you use a closure.
> Let's pretend ... its /°
>
>   »¶ °.p-b-v   °.o-ktl Now, observe how your °.o-h body lays on the
> ground/°, particularly °.p-d.g-l   In this °AB.sa movements are based on
> "°REF.r-jen.v
> 143-9/°".
>
> Hope this is clear! I'm wondering if this approach is possible??

Not really sure what you want to get. I'd need the html + the text, that
should be produced. So I can see, where your _endInline should be in the
text.

> I have two other simpler suggestions ...
>
> 1 - only have ONE character not two ... using @@ or °° is nowhere near as
> readable as @ ° alone. *Markup in-line should be the most readable and
> the most minimal *because that is where reading happens most.

That's right. If we find the right "start" and "end" markers we could do 1
character as a marker. ... But 1 ° char seems to be valid plain text for
me. eg: 20°C ... should not start something special. ... 20 °C ... the ID
would be ° (degree) and the symbol would be "C". .. But that's probably not
intended. ..

Wher as °°C.class.class:param is a possible marker, that the parser can
identify. Especially if the inline mode starts a the beginning of the line.

°C will clash with the existing parser

> 2 - ADD a second ID, maybe aimed at paired use by default?

Not sure, what you mean here.

-mario

PS: I'll publish V0.6.0 with some incompatible changes on Sunday. ... We
will get global pragma rules, _parms -> _classes,  _maps -> _params ...
angel -> angle ;)