Will do. But I've just learned TiddlyWiki already has a built-in PutSaver
which seems to do exactly what I need! I didn't notice it exists because it
does an OPTIONS probe and my server wasn't responding, causing the PutSaver
to assume that PUT is unsupported. If I make sure my server responds to
OPTIONS (and maybe HEAD) properly, then I think the built-in saver will
just work.