Bug Tracker item #2848621, was opened at 2009-09-01 14:01
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by kriston
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126848&aid=2848621&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When AutoSelect=1 is turned on, the JPEG quality settings are discarded and
switched to "6" no matter what it is set to by the viewer when the AutoSelect
routine makes its first selection after logging into a host.
I cannot tell if this a Server or a Client problem.
AutoSelect should be asked to leave JPEG quality alone.  Better, we should be
able to instruct TigerVNC which of the tuneable settings should not be changed.
 This is serious because out of all the tunables, JPEG is the only one that
affects visual quality in non-recoverable ways.
Run vncviewer with settings QualityLevel=8 AutoSelect=1 and all other defaults.
 Log into a host.  After a short moment, we have:
 CConn:       Throughput 1628 kbit/s - changing to quality 6
 CConn:       Using Tight encoding