A developer contacted me wanting to build libjpeg/SIMD as a shared
library and install it in place of the system libjpeg.  I don't
understand enough about autotools to know how to modify configure.ac or
Makefile.am in such a way that that could be enabled.  What I'd like to
do, if possible, is have the shared library build be enabled only when
you do 'configure --enable-shared' from the common/jpeg directory (thus
it wouldn't be part of a "regular" TigerVNC build.)

Anyone know how to do the above?

DRC