>From the commit message, you probably figured out that I figured it out.  :)

I've posted an article explaining how to build stand-alone libraries
from our version of libjpeg/SIMD in the SVN trunk:

http://www.virtualgl.org/DeveloperInfo/Libjpeg

This isn't the final word by any means, but I figured it would give
developers a leg up in using the technology and hopefully giving us
feedback on it.  The guy who contacted me initially said that he was
able to cut the CPU usage from 80% to 40% on his video server and thus
forestall the need to purchase new hardware.

DRC