Hi,

I have succesfully built tigervnc-1.0.90 along with xorg-server-1.9.5 source
on Pardus with KDE SC 4.6.3. When i run vncserver script, i see that VNC
server is not able to start as expected, below is the complete log file:

Xvnc TigerVNC 1.0.90 - built May 25 2011 15:37:02
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Constantin Kaplinsky
Copyright (C) 2004-2009 Peter Astrand for Cendio AB
See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.
Underlying X server release 10905000, The X.Org Foundation

Thu May 26 10:26:00 2011
 vncext:      VNC extension running!
 vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on all interface(s), port 5901
 vncext:      Listening for HTTP connections on all interface(s), port 5801
 vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
vncconfig: unable to open display ":1"
X session started for metin at Prş May 26 10:26:03 EEST 2011
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
xhost:  unable to open display ":1"
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
xrdb: Resource temporarily unavailable
xrdb: Can't open display ':1'
Unknown media type in type 'chemical/x-pdb'
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
$DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server.

When i run only Xvnc :2 comand, it starts up the VNC server successfully. So
it seems there is something wrong with the vncserver script. Changes i had
made to the vncserver script were just adding needed lines to start a normal
KDE session [1].

While investigating the problem, i also found out that my .Xauhority file only
includes lines ending with :0 display number. I tried to add an entry manually
with xauth command for display :1 (after creating a magic cookie with mcookie)
same as written in vncserver script, but this also did not make any effects.
Any ideas?

[1]
http://websvn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/playground/review/network/remoteshell/tigervnc/files/pardus-
xstartup.diff?view=markup