On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:57:41 -0500
DRC <dcomman...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 6/27/11 6:43 AM, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> >> That's fine.  The same procedure should work that works on Linux in that
> >> case-- i.e. using gcc -print-file-name libstdc++.a to figure out where
> >> the static version is and pulling some tricks to link against it instead
> >> of the dynamic version.  Not sure why anyone would want to use a
> >> non-vendor-supplied version of GCC on Mac, though.
> >>

> > There's always the cross-compiler loons like us. :)
>
> Is there a way to build Mac binaries on a non-Mac platform?  I'm
> academically curious, because I didn't think that was possible.

Indeed there is. Binutils is still a work in progress (ld is the final
missing component if I remember correctly), but gcc supports it just
fine. As a replacement for binutils you use odcctools, which is some
kind of fork.

Just grab the SDK out of xcode (probably need a mac for that) and set
up things as you would any other cross compiler. Note that OS X SDK
10.5+ requires ObjectiveC 2.0, which in turn means gcc 4.6. We're using
the 10.4 SDK and gcc 4.5 here though.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00