Bug Tracker item #3466037, was opened at 2011-12-27 04:46
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by werner-b
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126848&aid=3466037&group_id=254363

not just the latest update.
Category: FLTK viewer
Group: trunk

Initial Comment:
I found that control keys do not work in current vnc viewer (1.1.90/1.2 beta 1):
(e.g. Ctrl-C in xterm (linux / mac os) or cmd.exe (windows), Ctrl-U / Ctrl-D
for page up/down in vi etc.)
This worked fine in tiger vnc 1.1.0 but is broken in 1.1.90.

In Viewport.cxx, the function Viewport::translateKeyEvent tries to also
translate control key codes
which leads to some strange key symbols.
I have added these 3 lines of code to Viewport.xyy line 728:

  }

new=>  // Do not try to translate control keys
new=>   if(strlen(keyText) == 1 && *keyText < 32)
new=>     return keyCode;

  ucs = fl_utf8decode(keyText, NULL, NULL);
  return ucs2keysym(ucs);
}

This detects control key codes and prevents UTF8 decode for control key symbols.
I think this is a major issue, because you cannot remote administrate a
computer via command line
(e.g. in xterm) with vnc if the control keys are not working.