On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:42:11 -0400
Brian Hinz <bph...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but I found that if I set
> 'AlwaysSetDeferUpdateTimer=1' then outline boxes are partially drawn and
> damaged regions are sometimes partially redrawn.  The location and extent
> to which the lines are drawn is seemingly random, but it's never complete
> (except when a screen refresh is requested).  Also, the value of
> 'DeferUpdate' does not seem to make any difference.  Any thoughts?

Nothing obvious comes to mind, no. I'm not sure what your test case is,
but if you're dragging windows around then having a deferred update
might work as a workaround for the problem. The server would in that
case really be registering multiple changes of the working parts of the
border, which then happen to overlap the areas that are overlooked.

One idea is to ask on the X list for suggestions on where in the Xorg
code that the server does the implicit rendering. That might make it
easier to trace where we should have hooks.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               http://cendio.com