On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM, DRC <dcomman...@users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> The PNG issue is one I've pointed out on the tigervnc-devel list before,
> but the TigerVNC developers have not accepted my fix for some reason. The
> patch to fix it is attached (0001-Link-vncviewer-with-**
> libpng-this-avoids-a-build-**error.patch).
>
> As far as the FLTK build issues, I think that in your specific case, you
> can work around them by adding -DOPTION_USE_THREADS=0 to the CMake command
> line when building FLTK (NOTE: if so, then that should probably be
> documented in BUILDING.txt.)
>
> I am attaching three more patches that I use when building FLTK with
> CMake.  These may or may not be applicable to your environment (at least
> one is Mac-specific), but in the general case of building FLTK for multiple
> platforms, it is necessary to apply these patches in order to build FLTK
> "using the same procedures" that are used to build TigerVNC (as
> BUILDING.txt claims you should do.)  Personally, I think these additional
> patches should be either pushed upstream to FLTK or provided with TigerVNC,
> but such has

I agree with this.  I have to apply these patches when running the nightly
builds and it really would be nice if at a minimum they were archived in
our repo.

Dave,

There is a nightly builds page that you can get to from
www.tigervnc.orgwhich has source rpms (and Debian source pkgs) that
you should be able use
to rebuild or as a template.

I've been working to automate these builds with Jenkins and once that's
complete the build logs for all platforms will be available as well.

-Brian