A more comprehensive version that also supports UltraVNC Repeater Mode I
has been checked into the TurboVNC subversion trunk.  I implemented it
by extending the existing Via parameter (comments welcome.)  Feel free
to borrow it if you find it useful.

NOTE:  Mode I is using the repeater as a gateway, whereby it sits
between the server network and the outside world.  In this case, the
viewer makes a forward connection into the repeater, and in response to
the fake 000:000 version message, the viewer sends back the VNC server
name that the repeater should connect to (e.g. "localhost:1".)  The
repeater then issues a forward connection to that server.  Mode II is
more of a GoToMeeting paradigm, whereby the server and viewer both
connect to the repeater (a forward connection from the viewer, and a
reverse connection from the server.)  In this case, the VNC server name
specified in the viewer takes on the form ID:xxxx, where xxxx is the ID
of the server that has connected (or will connect) to the repeater.  The
UltraVNC Server currently supports specifying a connection ID with
reverse connections, but in TigerVNC and TurboVNC, vncconnect would have
to be extended to support this (I don't imagine it would be very
difficult to do that.)