Hi Felicity,

Don't give up hope! Two years ago we adapted all the TILT modules, and just took out
the parts that require php and MySQL. (At the time neither our server nor my brain
supported php). There were only three of us to do the work (in our "spare time"), no
tech support. All we knew was HTML and a smattering of javascript. We were hand-coding
in text files when we started, but we've since imported everything into Dreamweaver --
which we just love! You can take a look at our revised modules at
www.clark.edu/Library - select TILT from the left bar.

The biggest thing we lost by going "simple" was the ability to keep a database of
students -- students just go through the modules and turn in a printout of the quiz.
Even as-is, it's proven to be so popular that I'm learning php and MySQL so I can
eventually add re-enhancements.

We were fortunate in that we were able to meet with another librarian who (with tech
support) had adapted the full TILT -- she was able to let us know what we would NOT be
able to use without php and MySql. I don't have any documentation, though.

Good luck!

Kitty Mackey
Reference & Instruction Librarian
Cannell Library, Clark College