Magnus Danielson wrote:

Hmm, do you get a feeling that I am actually object very much to just toss it into the processor. I think you are right. :)

I suppose you are familiar with the old American adage that says that to a man
with
a hammer every problem looks like a nail.... :-)

Each of us is more familiar with one or another technology (broadly speaking),
and tend to see it as the best way to solve problems. I am not immune from
this...

Nothing wrong with software, but use it wisely. Build the test-benches as if you where doing a ASIC or full-custom design and thus also think about each compile costing you milions of dollars and a pipe-line depth of many months (6-9).

Given the rate of compiles that sometimes I do especially when near to find the
solution of a problem that bugged me for a long time, I would be bankrupted
since long, should each compile cycle cost me thousands or millions of dollars,
even if bogus dollars... :-) :-)

I guess I am becomming more conservative by the day. From my own and others mistakes and succsesses.

This is a privilege of becoming older and wiser :-)

Cheers,
Alberto  I2PHD