I think the idea was to look for jumps in a crystal oscillator when it goes
through the shadow of a total eclipse. My original suggestion was to look for
LEO satellites which had conveniently monitorable oscillator frequencies.
Someone else suggested using Inmarsat (because they have a L-band pilot tone),
but I think the Inmarsat birds are in Clarke orbit, so you'd have to pick your
ground station location (essentially in line with the sun and the bird) to do
the test.