Alan Melia wrote:
Did either of you guys find a source of the Schaffner input socket at a
reasonable price (ie less than twice the cost the 7150 sells for on eBay
:-))  ) I have a "spares box full of one that only needs a replacement
fiter.....iif I cant get the right one I will bodge something up. I do have
a service manual of sorts its usable though I recollect not a brilliant
scan.

RS.

<http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=4655193>

Schaffner FN372-2/21, same as the original part IIRC. £25.19 plus VAT. P&P is £4.95 +VAT, so that's £34.66 in total. About £10 less than they were a couple of years ago, and less than a third of Farnell's price for essentially the same thing...

7150s seem to be selling for about £50 on "the Bay" -- you'd still have change out of that for a few of your drink of choice if you went down the "fix it" route :)

--
Phil.
li...@philpem.me.uk