David Forbes wrote:
[...]

Coincidence of the day. I spent the other evening in a vain attempt to get more sensitivity out of my 5245L so that it would respond more reliably to the tiny 32kHz signal on my nixie wristwatch oscillator. I'll be tuning up a lot of them in the coming weeks.

I have a parts unit on hand (burned-up oven) and an original manual. Both come in handy.

The 5261A Video Amplifier plug in will get the sensitivity down to 1 mv.

The 5258A Sensitive Prescaler will also get the sensitivity down to the 1 mv range as well as extend the upper frequency range to 200MHz.

Gary