life speed wrote:
Time Nuts;

I have a customer request for a microwave frequency synthesizer with extreme
accuracy requirements;
4 X 10^-11, or 0.04 PPB.  Obviously this is way out of quartz oscillator
territory.
Is GPS 1 pulse-per-second useable, or do they need an atomic clock?
Maybe they don't realize what they are spec'ing.

I really think you should ask them to motivate themselves on that spec, the intended use etc. They can certainly get a spec like that, but is it what they need?

You certainly want something like a GPS clock to feed that thing if they really need that level of accuracy. Or do they only need that level of resolution?