On 10/08/2010 02:08 AM, paul swed wrote:
Far as I know the telstar station was in andiver maine.
Believe my bell labs journals confirm that.
Additionally those journals describe all kinds of details of the telstar
program.

Being Bell Labs they included some long-term radiation tests of semiconductors on the outer shell, being monitored over the telemetry signals.

Need to dig up the story about a command misshap which required them to rebuild the command transmitter to send an illegal command that they new would set the state right and enable things back again...

Lots of gory details.