At 05:48 PM 12/12/2010, Chuck Harris wrote...
Postscript is the standard internal language. It is also the internal language of Windows, and Linux.

At 07:11 PM 12/12/2010, Chuck Harris wrote...
My reference was to outputs from applications level programs.

Very strange, then, that you'd reference your claim to an OS. Thanks for pointing it though, as I wasn't aware that X windows used Display Postscript as an underlying technology, let alone Windows and MacOS. You have a lot of work before you, since the web has it all wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_PostScript

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model

http://www.prepressure.com/pdf/basics/osx_quartz