If one can say that the actual noise-floor signal is approx. white noise than the peak to average is a factor of 6 to 7 on a analog scope. I once read this somewhere and found it not a so bad decision.

- Henry

--
ehydra.dyndns.info

David C. Partridge schrieb:
Hmmmm I wasn't impressed. The 'scope screen shot of noise levels on the outputs used 20mV/division, and the thickness of the regulated traces told us precisely nothing. Now if the author had measured 20uV noise over a BW of 10Hz to 100kHz (about 63nV/rtHz), or 3uV over the same BW (about 10nV/rtHz), I'd have started to get interested. However as no claims were made, I took the title of "Ultra-Low Noise" with a large shovel of salt.

Regards,
David Partridge