Gerhard.

This was an old thing I asked a month ago or so...
Only the MSB of the accumulator is used to serve
as reference to a pll. No sin or DAC involved ;-)

Luis Cupido.
ct1dmk

On 7/21/2011 6:10 PM, dk...@arcor.de wrote:

IMHO, that would require a sine table with a steerable number
of entries. Very problematic for a tunable DDS, but doable
for a fixed frequency application, although address mirroring
for ROM size reduction would require real address comparators
instead just using the 2 MSBs as a selector.

The table could also be in RAM instead of ROM without large
increase of the cost in an FPGA, so with some processor support
one might approach "tunable".

regards, Gerhard

It crossed my mind of messing somehow with the phase
accumulator metrics but did not figure a way...
that is a good suggestion I will investigate in that direction...

(or maybe... if you do have a bit of free time to drop me
a couple of lines more, could you please detail
a bit more as so far I did not caught the idea clearly enough to start
coding...)