Dave M wrote:

Hello,

I have a PRS10 rubidium which gives a 1pps output.  The output is a
10 us positive pulse.

I need to convert that to a 50:50 duty cycle pulse.  Still 1pps.

I'm hoping for a simple circuit rather than having to use a pic.

I don't mind a bit of propagation delay, but I need to preserve the
low jitter on the rising edge, and hopefully also the falling edge.

Any ideas out there

Regards

Steve

The simplest way that I can think of is to feed both inputs of an XOR gate with your 1pps signal to double it to 2pps, then feed the XOR output into a flipflop to get back to 1pps with 50% duty cycle. You might have to delay the 1pps into one of the XOR inputs with a small RC to reliably trigger the flipflop. Use 74HC or AC gates and the jitter should be tolerable.

Cheers,
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

All that will achieve is generating a pulse about 10us wide of indeterminate polarity.

Bruce