On 18/09/11 13:32, shali...@gmail.com wrote:
Actually, if you pay attention, it probably only takes your bank a few uS to
debit your account when you write a check. It takes 5 days to credit it when
you receive one.

A perfect example of asymmetric processing :)

I am amazed checks is still being in use. They are virtually gone here since many, many years. I have never had a check-book and don't see why I ever would need one.

I receive checks from the US for smaller sums. Usually not worth the effort to get the money.

The one check I will *NEVER* cash in is the one from Don Knuth, for 2.56 USD. I have the frame, I just forgot to frame it.