Forgot to mention, each point is slightly more than 1 second.

On 12/16/2011 03:19 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
Has a 9462 oscillator module in it.
I've been fooling with little C hacks to make freq and phase measurements via GPIB.

In my desire to super-tweek the timebase I discovered that small adjustments take
many minutes to settle down.  It's like herding cats.

I noticed that physical shocks would randomize the frequency over a 10 Hz range at 10 MHz. What's more, the new frequency didn't seem to take 10 minutes to settle down. So I tapped on the oven with the screwdriver until it landed right on frequency.
The resulting plot is attached.

Come to think of it, I could use the counter to measure the time between 1pps and WWVB zero crossing as an ultimate frequency reference as well as detecting changes in the ionosphere.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     c...@omen.com   www.omen.com