On 2/8/12 4:47 PM, EB4APL wrote:
Jim,

I already have the info on the remote interface, taken from the PTS 160
doc and other sources, I was asking if he was talking about some
specific gadget.

I also was using at those years some remotely controlled PTS's , did you
know the JPL MK IV receiver exciter? I think it was also a 040 but I'm
not sure, because these changed the phase smoothly but I think that
there is an option with a DDS to allow such thing.
Unfortunatelly those exciters are now dismantled and I think the doc was
dumped, anyway I'll have to make a phone call.

Could be. We have tons and tons of 3325Bs and 3325As floating around, though. I haven't seen any PTS recently, however, a quick check of the asset database shows a fair number of them "owned" by Rabi Wang and William Diener. The latter has most of them.. Models PTS040SANIX-7, PTS250 and X10SAN10 for the most part. Both of those guys are in the Frequency and Timing Advanced Instrument Development Group.

A couple years ago, we cleaned out some storage closets FULL of those gold plated brick shaped modules that made up the Mark III (at least that's what I was told).