Attila wrote:

The recent discussions have made it again clear to me, that i lack
a lot of knowledge in electronics. Especially when it comes to
the black arts: analog stuff, HF, getting the most ouf of a transistor,
or doing it really really low noise.

Could someone recomend anything to read that would get me more
insights and knowledge on these topics?

There are a few good textbooks (read, lots of math) on HF and low noise design if you have the math and physics foundation.

The way you presented your request, it sounds as if you may want something more foundational. If so, I would highly recommend The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill and Experimental Methods in RF Design by Hayward, Campbell, and Larkin. I have used them both as textbooks for designers at a variety of levels, and they are exceptional for the authors' ability to convey an intuitive understanding of the material. They both have sufficient math that someone familiar with the field will not feel slighted, but they don't rely solely on the math to get their points across as most textbooks do. They are remarkable for being useful to designers and aspiring designers at widely varying levels of competence. I do not know of a similar book about low-noise design, but it is covered quite well in both of the books above.

Best regards,

Charles