I have a software program, no longer supported, which requires two RS232 serial com port interfaces, one to communicate with a sensor (signal strength collection receiver) and the second to accept serial data from a GPS.

The laptop computer I am using has only one RS232 Com port which I must use with the sensor due to incompatibility with USB to serial converters I have tried. This leaves the USB for the GPS input. I am assuming that the GPS string should be acceptable as I do nor believe the software needs to handshake with the GPS.

I would like to use a "Delorme" USB type receiver on the USB port. Can anyone recommend a software add on that will make this type receiver appear as a standard RS232 Com port to my software?

Thanks

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida

www.Leikhim.com

jleik...@leikhim.com

407-982-0446

Note to GMail Account users. Due to an abnormally high volume of spam
originating from bogus GMail accounts, I have found it necessary to block
certain GMail traffic. Please phone me if you believe your message was not
received.