Hi All,

Thanks for the 2 prompt replies.

Tac32 does not have any facility to enter 1331 as an instruction. It has numerous @@ commands but the TU 60 datasheets only list a small fraction of these commands and none pertain to setting the protocol!! It is like it is a carefully guarded secret!

I downloaded Labmon which is a Navman proprietary software for the TU's but there does not seem to be a Win XP compatible version even though the one website stated it was for Win 2000/XP. I installed it but it refuses to locate Comm 1 which is the port I have connected to its RS232 data output. It would handle the 1331 instruction if it would communicate with the port.

It is a real problem when doing things with fairly old GPS receivers and projects( eg I've just built the Shera GPS unit)which works well but there is no way I can get access to the .asm or hex files to play around with the software in the PIC as the originator is virtually inaccessible - does not answer emails.

Sorry for the mixed subjects in this.

Merv VK6BMT