Seem to remember they had a bug in them. Thought it had been fixed....

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-boun...@febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-boun...@febo.com] On
Behalf Of Bert, VE2ZAZ
Sent: 01 July 2012 01:44
To: time-nuts@febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] Leap Second on Datum ExacTime 6000...Oh well...

Hi,

This is to report the behavior of my Datum ExacTime 6000 unit dealing with
the leap second. I think the behavior shows the age of the unit (around year
2000). It has firmware DT102E.

- It showed two "58" seconds, that would be the leap second insertion...

- It showed a "60" second... what? That made it two leap seconds...

- It skipped the "05" second of the following minute to subtract the
extraneous leap second added above...

I have captured this on video and will likely put that on Youtube for those
who may be interested. I captured CHU's audio in the background. By the way,
CHU's transmitted data was an extra tick for the "60" second.

Regards,

Bert, VE2ZAZ