You need the gate volt-drain current curves to match the nuvistor
grid-plate characteristic and the fet breakdown voltage has of course
got to be high enough. I've gotten nuvistors at pretty reasonable cost
on ebay...
Don

Ron Ward
> Hi:
> I have been thinking of doing the same thing! I have some 2N301 dual
> gate MOSFET's that I want to use. I would rather consider successful
> conversions done by others rather than reinvent the wheel.
> Ron

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road