On 7/11/12 7:00 PM, Mike S wrote:
On 7/11/2012 8:15 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a means to log max and min temps for these
things? I was going to make a crude box for mine out of 2 inch cavity
wall
insulation hard foam,

The TB reports it's own temperature. Lady Heather will track it.

I'm surprised no one has mounted one to a Peltier cooler, and stabilized
the temp with PID control, based on the self-reported temp. Why not run
it cooler than ambient? I'd assume a simple microcontroller could handle
the task, but don't have any deep PID control knowledge myself.

PID controller code for Arduinos and the like is readily available..

However, as to why not run it cooler?

The internal oven tries to keep the crystal at the temperature where the frequency vs temp curve has the lowest slope. If you cool the outside, then you just burn more power in the internal oven.